Welcome to the Knights' Trail!
The Lincoln Knights’ Education Trail is organised by The EBP, in partnership with Wild in Art and Lincoln BIG, with sponsorship from Waterside Shopping Centre, Siemens and generous print support from Ruddocks.
More than 40 primary, secondary and special schools from all over Lincolnshire are participating in the programme which will see a banner of half-size knights, all designed and decorated by schools, join the main Lincoln Knights’ Trail this summer. With the help of an extensive resource pack, thousands of children have been busy learning about some of the fascinating characters involved in the Battle of Lincoln and how our often overlooked local history has helped shaped the world we live in today.
The Lincoln Knights’ Education Trail launches at this year’s Lincolnshire Show on 21 and 22 June before moving to indoor venues across Lincoln city centre from 24 June - 3 September. From 5 - 27 September all of the education knights will be brought together in Waterside Shopping Centre for a special reunion event before they are returned to schools.
- Boston Grammar School
- Boston High School
- Carre’s Grammar School, Sleaford
- Charles Baines Community Primary School, Gainsborough
- Cherry Willingham Community School
- Cordeaux Academy, Louth
- De Aston School, Market Rasen
- Dunholme St Chad's C of E Primary School
- Eagle Community Primary School
- Faldingworth Community Primary School
- Hartsholme Academy, Lincoln
- Heighington Millﬁeld Primary Academy
- Holbeach Primary Academy
- Huntingtower Community Primary Academy, Grantham
- Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School
- Lincoln Minster School (Pre-Preparatory and Preparatory)
- Lincoln Minster School (Senior)
- Lincoln UTC
- Monks Abbey Primary School, Lincoln
- Mount Street Academy, Lincoln
- Osgodby Primary School
- Sincil Sports College, Lincoln
- Sir Francis Hill Community Primary School, Lincoln
- Sir Robert Pattinson Academy, North Hykeham
- Skellingthorpe Saint Lawrence C of E Primary School
- Spilsby Primary Academy
- Springwell Lincoln City Academy
- St Faith and St Martin C of E Junior School, Lincoln
- St Francis Special School, Lincoln
- St John’s Primary Academy, Bracebridge Heath
- Sturton by Stow Primary School
- The North Wolds Federation
- The Priory Academy LSST, Lincoln
- The Priory City of Lincoln Academy
- The Priory Ruskin Academy, Grantham
- The Priory Witham Academy, Lincoln
- The Thomas Cowley High School, Donington
- Waddington All Saints Primary School
- Washingborough Academy and Penfold Nursery
- Welton St Mary’s C of E Primary Academy
- Westgate Academy, Lincoln
- William Farr C of E Comprehensive School, Welton
- Willoughton Primary School
Fundraising can be a great way to get your whole school and local community involved in the project whilst raising money for your knight and The Nomad Trust, the trail's charity partner.
Funds will go towards the new Nomad Centre which will serve the most vulnerable in our community. The proposed centre will look to offer emergency direct access accommodation, supported accommodation as well as day services. The day services will give service users access to mental health support, nurses/GPs, vocational training as well as meals, laundry and washing facilities etc. The Nomad Trust need all the help they can get to create this fantastic facility which is anticipated to cost £3.1 million to build!
Please contact Emma Welbourn on 01522 574100 or email@example.com for further information on fundraising.
Image on homepage, courtesy of the Lincolnshire Echo.
Lincoln Knights' Trail Education Programme sponsors: